Hamleys Regent Street
William Hamley established the store initially under the name Noah's Ark in 1760. Nowadays it is one of the world's most well known toy stores. It is located on Regent Street in central London.
Hamleys Regent Street is the world largest toy store, and it offers different types of toys on seven floors. All well-known toy brands are present and the most popular ones have their own department.
The following list shows some of the themes and related brands offered on each floor:
- lower ground: Harry Potter, Star Wars and Fortnite
- ground: teddy bears, puppets (Paddington, Steiff, souvenirs)
- first: small kids (Brio, Playmobil)
- second: dolls, dollhouses (Barbie, Disney, Frozen)
- third: board games, arts and crafts (Ravensburger, Build-A-Bear workshop)
- fourth: action figures, drones, vehicles: (Marvel, Scalextric)
- fifth: action figures (Pokemon, Lego Transformers, Toy Story)
The store can be very busy on the weekends and before Christmas.
The nearest underground stations are Oxford Circus (Central, Bakerloo, Victoria) and Piccadilly Circus (Piccadilly, Bakerloo). Both are only a few minutes away.